If you are a Disney fan you’ve already heard of Disney Plus. If you aren’t a Disney fan you’ve probably also heard of Disney+. This post isn’t going to be like all the others. This post is about why my inner child is excited about all of the Disney Plus shows and movies that I will be able to stream starting November 12th!
There are so many Disney Plus shows and movies to choose from!
There is a TON of content that’s going to be available on Disney Plus starting November 12th. I’m excited for pretty much all of it, but there are some older shows and movies that are really tugging at my heart strings. Such wonderful memories are flooding back! However, I’m also really excited about some of the new content as well. There are going to be SO many amazing shows, movies, documentaries, & more! I tried narrowing down what I’m MOST excited for into two lists (older vs. new).
Older shows & movies
- Smart House – This movie debuted in 1999. It was about a boy who won a “smart house” in a competition and tries to use the house’s computerized programming to keep his father from dating. The computer goes a little crazy and things don’t exactly turn out right. This movie was fantastic for it’s time and I can’t wait to watch it with my son!
- The Evens Stevens Movie – This movie debuted in 2003 and the show ran from 2000 -2003. This movie is wildly entertaining. Those Even Stevens are always getting into trouble! My sister and I used to watch this show together all the time. Such great memories!
- Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie – So, I’ll be honest. I didn’t watch the Wizards of Waverly Place show until I was an adult. The movie was released the year my son was born, so I was definitely NOT a child… so why does it feel like so long ago? I think it’s a great movie either way!
- The Suite Life on Deck – The Suite Life of Zack & Cody started first and I’ll admit I never watched that one. However, I did watch a few episodes of The Suite Life on Deck on the Disney channel while I was a stay at home Mom. I watched a lot of Disney shows during that time. This was always one of my favorites and I still sometimes wonder if this would be a great lifestyle…
- Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan – This is a National Geographic show. I watched a few episodes of this when it was on Netflix, but I’m mostly excited for this for my son. He’s been VERY into watching dog training videos on YouTube lately (to prepare for getting his first dog next summer). I think he’ll love watching this!
New shows coming to Disney+
- One Day at Disney – This is a documentary series (and also a book) coming to Disney plus on December 3rd. The trailer on YouTube got me a little choked up. This series is going to follow cast members who work for Disney. I love these behind the scenes type of shows.
- Loki & WandaVision – I put these two together because there is a ton of Marvel content coming to Disney Plus. We LOVE Marvel in this household, but Loki & WandaVision are the two shows that we are most excited about.
- Noelle – This is a Disney original movie and it’s a CHRISTMAS movie! Disney & Christmas are two of my favorite things! This movie will star Anna Kendrick as the daughter of Santa Claus. This movie will be released when Disney Plus is released… and most likely it’ll be one of the first things I’ll watch! I’m already singing Christmas songs… yes, I know it’s only October.
- Lizzie McGuire (CANCELLED ALREADY?!) – The old Lizzie McGuire will be on Disney Plus, but I’m most excited for the sequel reboot that will be happening! There hasn’t been an official release date yet (that I’m aware of), but it will be about Lizzie in her 30s and her life in New York! Lizzie McGuire was one of my favorite shows back in the day and I’ll admit I squealed when I heard this was happening!
- Stargirl – This movie is based off of the novel of the same name written by Jerry Spinelli. This book was amazing. I read it when I was older and already done with school, but it still touched me. After I read it I recommended it to every young girl I knew at the time because it is SO worth the read. I can’t wait to watch the movie and see what they do with it.
I guess I’ll be busy for the next few years while I watch Disney Plus shows and movies all day long…
These are just a FEW of the shows and movies that I’m excited for on Disney Plus. I’d love to hear from you to see what you are most excited about watching! The good news is that I already signed up during the pre-order period for Disney Visa Card members so I’m all ready to go starting November 12th!