Fantasmic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is our FAVORITE night-time show at Disney World! Fantasmic is SO much more than just a regular fireworks show. It is full of pyrotechnics, laser lights, fireworks, music, water works, videos, AND of course characters! Seeing Fantasmic is one of our most fond memories. Even though to get a good seat you need to wait a LONG time, it’s WORTH THE WAIT!
Our first experience with Fantasmic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was interrupted by a typical Florida storm.
On our second family trip in 2013 to Disney World (my son was 4-years old) we attempted to see Fantasmic. We arrived 30-minutes before the show started and there were barely any seats left so we were seated way in the back. We made the most of it but halfway through the show the wind picked up and then the rain started pouring down on us.
Sadly, we had to leave in the middle of the show right when the bad dreams started to take over Mickey and our son became OBSESSED. “What was going to happen? Was Mickey’s going to win? I can’t wait to go back to see Fantasmic. I really love Fantasmic.” He was obsessed, but sadly we didn’t have time in that trip to go back. He asked about Fantasmic for MONTHS and it became a memory we’ll never forget!
Don’t worry, we got him back to see Fantasmic!
We went back to Disney in May 2014 to go see Fantasmic for his 5th Birthday! I prayed and prayed that there would be good weather and we would not have a mishap like last time! We arrived 90-minutes early this time. This may sound extreme, but if you want a good seat you need to arrive 90-60 minutes before the show. The wait really didn’t seem that bad because we were prepared. We called his Grandma and chatted for a while, he played on his Nintendo DS, we bought some snacks to eat, and just enjoyed each others company!
The show is AMAZING. It is a mix between music, characters, lasers, water, fire, AND fireworks! The music is what really gets me going! Our son loved seeing all of the characters (especially Sorcerer Mickey)! When the show is over it gets a little intense trying to get out of there, but just go with the flow and you’ll be okay! Trust me, it’s totally worth it!
Lau Family Travels tips to seeing Fantasmic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios without a super long wait.
If you don’t want to wait 60-90 minutes to see Fantasmic I understand. There are other ways to get reserved seating that won’t require you to wait as long (but I’d still rather just wait).
- You could use a treasured FastPass+. But I wouldn’t. Last time we went they put us in with the Fast Pass seating even though we didn’t have a Fast Pass. And honestly, the seating wasn’t anything spectacular. I wouldn’t use a Fast Pass for Fantasmic just for that reason alone.
- Book a Fantasmic Dining Package! If you are already planning on eating at Hollywood Studios while you are there, then I would highly recommend booking a Fantasmic Dining Package! There are three table service locations at Disney that offer the dining package: The Hollywood Brown Derby, Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano, and our favorite… Hollywood & Vine!
- They also offer a Fantasmic Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience. We haven’t tried this before, so I really can’t suggest it or tell you not to book it! If desserts are your thing then maybe you would be interested! You can check out the details here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dessert-vip-viewing/
It’s really about making memories.
Maybe we have such a strong attachment to Fantasmic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios because of the memories, but that’s what it’s all about right? These are memories we’ll always have together.
If you are planning a trip to Disney World you may want to check out some of my other Disney related posts!
- 12 Ways to Save Money at Disney
- Coronado Springs Resort – Our Favorite Disney Resort
- Port Orleans French Quarter Resort
- Port Orleans Riverside Review